Why should your organization consider OurOyster.com for marketing and advertising?
Do you want to get your message in front of the eyes of independent, adventurous travelers and traveling families? Then consider advertising or partnering with OurOyster.com. Since the websites creation in February 2011, Jade has been living the expat lifestyle and writing about her experiences traveling over the past 12 years and in more than 60 countries.
Our key audience consists of:
- RTW travelers
- Adventure travelers
- Traveling families
The majority of our audience visit us from the United States, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.
Strong social profiles:
Take advantage of our strong social profile to promote your destination or product. You can find us across the web, but we mainly operate on our two preferred networks:
We can write from a variety of angles to suit your organizations needs:
- Destination guides – promote a destination with informative and optimized guides detailing transport, accommodation and things to do
- Tour and product reviews – in depth reviews of a tour, product or hotel
- Family Travel – promote a destination or product suitable for those traveling with children
OurOyster.com specializes in a wide variety of travel related themes including:
- Budget travel – We focus on budget travel guides by country as well as recommending budget activities in each place of interest. This helps show potential travellers that travel is both affordable and achievable. We also write guides on how to save money for travel. We also invite other travel writers from across the world to contribute their own budget travel guides, thus growing our database of advice and inspirational tips. For example: 5 awesome and cheap things to do in Copenhagen and Budget Travel in the Maldives.
- Adventure travel – We like to focus on the fun moments of travel and the moments where we push ourselves outside of our comfort zone in order to grow and have new experiences. Many travelers crave the adventure side of travel. For example: Diving With Great White Sharks and Flying over the Nazca Lines.
- Destination guides – We offer a wide range of different types of destination guides. Readers love our destination guides which present quick “24 hour guides” to major cities, which lays out some of the best attractions to see in a city and lays out in which order to tackle the sights in order to make the most of your time. For example: 24 Hours In Sydney. We also like to present more in depth articles which will provide a one stop shop for those looking to research and book their next adventure. For example: How to explore Machu Picchu.
- Outdoor enthusiasts – One of the joys of travel is finding yourself in a completely new landscape. We try to visit as many national parks and hiking trails as possible when we travel, and present reviews and guides to show others how to get away from the cities. For example: How To – The Tongariro Crossing, Hiking In Sydney Coogee To Bondi Coastal Walk.
- Overland and slow travel – We love slow travel – train rides and road trips are our preferred method of travel. We like to see how the country side and landscape changes as you move throughout a region. For example: Great Ocean Road Highlights and How to guide to taking the ferry from Brunei to Kota Kinabalu.
- Product reviews – We are open to reviewing your products or tours.
- Travel with children – We are currently traveling the world with our two little ones. My 5 year old has been to more than 30 countries and has hiked in Patagonia, swam with hammerhead sharks in the Galapagos, hiked across the island of Rarotonga, among many others things. We also travel with a baby which brings it’s own joys and challenges. Our baby has been to 8 countries. He learned to sit in Peru, crawl in Hawaii, and who knows where the next milestone will be met! Our guides include how to guides for how to travel with children in different destinations (for example: traveling with children in Peru) as well as guides about what to do with kids in each destination (for example: what to do with kids in Sydney.
We have lots of experience working with the travel industry
OurOyster.com has lots of experience working with advertisers seeking product/tour reviews as well as writing tailored sponsored posts around your specific keyword. These posts are written in a way which will engage and interest our core audience, therefore creating maximum exposure for your brand.
We are also experienced in working with the travel industry in for the form of press trips and junkets. If you are looking for a travel blogger to participate in a press trip, then please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stray New Zealand Press Trip 2011 – 2 week press trip around the South Island of New Zealand with Stray bus lines.
- Gap Daemon Travelling Intern – a 3 month program where I wrote articles for the UK based gap year website GapDaemon.com. See my articles in the published writings section.
- Great Australian Overland Adventure 2012 – a three month intensive overland journey which took me around the entire coast of Australia as well as straight down the middle. My main sponsors on this journey were Base Backpackers, Greyhound Australia, Great Southern Rail, and Spaceships Australia. I also worked with a large host of tour companies.
- Sundowner Famil 2012 – I was invited on a press trip with Sundowner holiday parks to join a group of journalists and experience some of the best budget family activities on the east coast of NSW.
- ACT Tourism and Visit Canberra Human Brochure – I was invited as a VIP member of the media to discover some of the best Canberra has to offer in the Arts and Culture stream.
- Choice Hotels Famil – We participated in three family road trip famils around Australia to promote a variety of destinations and Choice hotel properties.
- Visit Queensland – I participated in a multi day trip to the Sapphire gem fields of Queensland with several other bloggers to promote this unique Australian destination.
- Far East Hospitality – We spent a weekend in Singapore with Far East Hospitality to help promote Singapore as a luxury weekend escape to our Australian audience. We delivered four high quality posts on topics including a Singapore destination guide, a Singapore photographers guide and a Singapore foodie guide.
- Sabah Tourism – I spent just over a week in the province of Sabah Borneo participating in a whirlwind press trip which took me from the urban streets of Kota Kinabalu, to the jungles of the Kinabatangan. We delivered 14 high quality posts detailing all the different ways to discover Sabah.
- We have also worked with a very extensive list of tour and activity providers where we provide a single high quality blog post and social interaction of their tour or product.
There are several different ways to partner with OurOyster.com
– Banner Ads
– Sidebar Ads and Text Link Ads
– Affiliate partnerships
– Sponsored posts
– Press trips and Reviews
Please contact email@example.com to discuss.